Monday, October 5, 2009

date night

Friday night we headed to the Shell for a picnic, cool breezes, and some alone time. We had gone a week earlier with the boys and remarked that it was a little hard to make out with the kids there. ha ha

Christiana had generously given me her CSA from Whitton Farms for the week and it was filled with slender creamy eggplant. I had been getting fairytale eggplant since you can grill them and eat the skin but these white ones were a little too thick for that. We decided to make baba ghanoush and falafel for the picnic with the eggplant bounty. Olives, beer, yogurt sauce, and a couple peach (from my free culled peaches from Jones Orchard!) upside down cake slices in tow, we had a beautiful picnic under the stars.

We clearly didn't use the plates except for the photo! If you haven't been to the Shell, GO. Its a lovely spot with free concerts and lots of good happiness for everyone. The boys love it. Somehow Lennox can do the Robot to just about any style of music, Alex gets to monitor the musicians from his safe distance up on the blanket, and Julien has made many a jumping up and down friend. Ted and I love the whole concept of bringing the kids up with community. The free season for the fall is over but this coming weekend has a movie we would love to see were we not going to Arkansas with the boys.

Ted and I do have a lot of individual time on our hands despite our time with the boys. We too often make a meal, watch tv, and go to bed. I'm glad we decided to treat ourselves to a night out, even if it was free. I know I needed it.

No comments: