Tuesday, September 15, 2009

a brief catch up....of a year

So I haven't posted in about a year. I don't think I was quite ready for a blog in 2008 but now I'd like to do it again.

This past year has had a lot of ups and downs and yet for the most part, we are in a really great place. Our relationship has grown a lot--trusts, becoming a family, and setting goals and priorities. Our business has been growing even though we are in an at home time right now. We recently made a promise that we would set personal and business goals for while we're not having many projects in. I love working with Ted and feel really proud of how far we've come despite hardships.

So since last September we have: moved into a house, shared a first Christmas as a family in Arizona (with snow!), gone to a trial in Florida, taken spring break to Arkansas, boys have gone to Canada all SUMMER with their grandparents, Ted and I had a trial in California that just wouldn't end, seen Miranda and Jud married in Santa Fe, gone to Portland for the hottest week ever, started school for the boys, and even had our first few rounds of strep. Amidst all of this, many things were accomplished--I went from Dad's girlfriend to bonus/step mom, Lennox has almost completely learned to ride a bike, Julien is almost swimming, Alex has really come out of his shell and the whole family has gotten a chance to adjust to a more settled life.

I hope to post more regularly. What I'd like to see out of this blog is that you can keep up with what we are doing--traveling, family-ing, sewing, cooking, knitting.

No comments: