Ted and I started swimming about two months ago with real regularity. At first all we could do was 40 lengths at the most. That was enough to wear us out and make us feel justified to eat more, etc. Ha ha! Then Ted's sister gave him swim flippers for his birthday and of course I had to get myself a pair. Then we worked up to 50 then 60 lengths. Today I did 100 lengths. Its 2.5 miles. I'm really proud of how strong swimming is making me and how much endurance its giving me for other activities. We added 5 miles running and 5 miles biking a week to what we're trying to do and that has been pretty easy. I'm still debating a triathlon in celebration of turning 30 this year. Selfishly though, all I really enjoy is the swimming! Running is nice to be outside right now but its not exactly the best for my knees. And biking remains something I'm not as strong as I'd like to be. Swimming, however, is and has been such a huge part of my life. I grew up in a swimming family. The water still brings me the same comforting peace and quiet I need.
1 comment:
the back of your pink sateen jacket will read "flipper"
go swimmer!
Post a Comment