Ted and my birthdays are about a month apart. I turned 30 on April 9. He turns 43 on May 11. We have been working really hard since last summer to get in better shape and then get derailed by work travel, etc. I felt like I was in really good endurance shape from swimming but wasn't seeing results and just getting more and more frustrated. That's when I decided to give Ted and me P90x for our birthdays. It's a commitment, trust me. But honestly it's easy to stay focused because of the sheer energy we're feeling from it. We're on day 10 of 90 and both have already lost several inches across our bodies. It's the hardest workout I've ever done for SURE but I can tell its working. I have had insomnia for over a year and have slept through the night every single night since we've started. We're following the diet and it's also giving us great results with energy and stamina. I really love it!
Today we did the yoga video and even though both of us have made some serious progress in a little over a week, it still kicked our butts for the full 90 minutes.
Since my failed marriage to someone who criticized my body (among everything else about me) at every turn, I had gained weight I had once lost for my wedding. Even with the weight gain though, I HAD become someone who really loved working out. Ten to fifteen years ago I wouldn't recognize the person I am who loves to work out. I now really want to add to that with the routine we're doing and want us to become really in the best shape of our lives.
Bright Colors for an Endless Winter
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment