Thursday, May 20, 2010

school's out for summer!


Tomorrow is the last day of school for the boys! Hard to believe that they've not only finished the year but finished the second year with us living in this house as a family. Alex recently turned 7 and Ted and I planned his party while their mom had finals. The party was at her house so after Ted left with all the party stuff, I went to lunch with my girlfriends. It was a spy academy training party, complete with a laser crawl through and scavenger hunt to the ice cream sundaes at the end. Alex was so proud. :)

Tomorrow Ted and I head to Portland for him to record and then we'll have some days to ourselves too. We're staying with the ever generous Rachel. I look forward to seeing friends and having some long walks around town. I just found out my old trouble-maker-cohort Megan is visiting our friend Jill in Portland so we're already planning to go do something together!

The kids have a busy summer planned, with vacations with us AND with their mom. They are excited to be out of school. I slipped a little surprise in their lunchboxes for their last day--Garbage Pail Kid cards. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw, sissy! You're special in so many ways.